2021 and back into lockdown

 Fairly predictably we are back into a third and quite comprehensive lockdown. Once again I intend to make the most of where I live and walk, as often as possible, down to Dowlais.


This year I am trying out a new way of recording birds on my walks by using ebird as I go.


This has already thrown up a useful fact. If I walk the Dowlais loop from home and also do the 200 yard extension to the Kenn estuary mouth, then it is a 4 mile walk and not 2 miles as I believed. Thus, I reason;  I must be getting twice as much exercise as before !

Early morning light can be beautiful and the birds on the Blind Yeo river become secondary. These are supposed to be pics of Goosanders, 


and this: Little egret and Grey heron,




  but I am happy with just the look of them.


Since New year we have had some very frosty mornings showing off Meadow Pipits at their best



The main pool field at Dowlais is very wet and has been home to a large flock of Canada Geese at times as well as Lapwings and Curlews






The Peregrine is often on top the radio mast and I bumped into a Sparrowhawk too, one morning.





Finally a tame Stonechat is always a treat






I'm hoping for cold weather movement next



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cape Verde 2 : six days on Santa Antao

Cape Verde 1 : in search of rare petrels and new insects