After my success with the Duke of Burgundy butterfly I was inspired to go for another species I have not seen for years. This was the Small Blue and I chose Stoke Camp.

Again, like the Common Clubtail dragonfly I only saw one individual but this was more down to me abandoning it early when my camera battery gave out and my spare appeared to be empty so all my own fault.

One is still so much better than none though and I was happy with my initial shots



I also got an underside view 


There were not many butterflies on the wing despite a temperature of 20 degrees but I did get close to this Small Heath



and I always enjoy seeing Brown Argus




Otherwise a Painted Lady was a surprise migrant and the first Meadow Browns I have seen this year barrelled past in the stiff breeze. These will be species I suspect that I will see many times later in the year

Comments

  1. Lovely to meet you today 10/07/21 out at the seawall SSI.
    Interesting stuff.
    Good luck with the search.
    Smoke and mirrors as usual with authorities .
    Thank you for all that you do.🐞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was good to know you and your companion share my passion for the wild areas around Clevedon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cape Verde 1 : in search of rare petrels and new insects

Cape Verde 2 : six days on Santa Antao