Small reptiles and large moths

 A visit to Priddy Mineries last week was ostensibly in search of dragonflies but the overcast weather put paid to that plan.


Fortunately I was fortunate enough to bump into a couple of common lizards which allowed photos, though were a bit shy to show really well.

The difference in colour  between them was striking. First this typically brownish individual.



And then this wonderful green one


Back home I have continued to run the moth trap, sporadically. I am still concerned about rain so choose dry nights.


Highlights have been Oak Eggar


Drinker

And only the third Old Lady Moth I have ever seen


I have genuinely tried to get more interested in the micros but have found it a bit of a struggle as I seem to only catch particularly dull ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cape Verde 2 : six days on Santa Antao

Cape Verde 1 : in search of rare petrels and new insects